Gluten Free Almond Crescent Cookies
- 1 package The Pure Pantry Organic Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup (128 g) organic almond flour
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted organic butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 tsps. (10 mls.) almond extract
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar for dusting cookies
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter (or butter substitute) and egg (or egg replacer) until well blended.
- Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add contents of package and almond flour.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined and dough forms into a ball.
- Remove the dough ball from bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350?F (UK – 180?C or gas mark 4).
- Grease two cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap.
- On work surface covered with gluten free flour (rice flour or cornstarch work well) roll dough into long log.
- Using a knife, cut log into ½ inch (12 mm) slices (about 1 tablespoon dough each).
- Using your hands, roll each dough slice into a crescent shape and place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Place half the confectioners’ sugar in a 9 x 12” (23 x 30 cm) baking pan.
- Place slightly cooled cookies in the pan and pour remaining confectioners’ sugar over cookies. Roll each cookie around in the sugar to coat.
- Let cool in sugar for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies, shake off excess sugar and store in an air-tight container.